Here Are 9 Symptoms Of Magnesium Deficiency & 9 Foods To Fix Them!!!
Numerous people lack magnesium in their bodies, and this mineral is of vital importance for numerous functions, as it regulates more than 300 enzymes in the human body.
Therefore, you need to know the most common symptoms which indicate that you should increase the levels of magnesium in the body:
High Blood Pressure
- Since this mineral relaxes the blood vessels, you need to increase the consumption of magnesium in order to regulate high blood pressure.
- The acid reflux or a heartburn is almost instantly relieved with the consumption of some food high in magnesium or a chocolate bar.
Muscle cramps & pain
- Magnesium deficiency may lead to pain in the body and muscle cramps, as this mineral relaxes the muscles as well.
- If you feel anxious every day it could imply that you are lacking magnesium.
- Magnesium deficiency is a very important reason for nervousness.
- As we mentioned before, it relaxes the body and prevents any kind of anxiety.
Headaches & Migraine
- The consumption of some chocolate rich in magnesium will relieve a migraine and headaches, as it will release the tension and soothe the pain.
- The relaxing properties of this beneficial mineral help digestion as well, so in the case of its deficiency, the person suffers from constipation due to the blocked waste removal.
- The lack of magnesium in the body leads to sleeping issues, like trouble sleeping, sleeping too much, or insomnia.
- Since it lacks it, the body sends signals to crave for that food which contains the needed nutrients.
- Thus, the body craves for chocolate when it does not have magnesium at sufficient levels.
- The consumption of some dark chocolate provides 25% of the daily requirement of magnesium.
- Magnesium also relaxes the heart muscles, and its deficiency leads to arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat.
- You can raise the magnesium levels in the body by consuming the following 9 foods:
- Cocoa is a rich source of antioxidants which fight against numerous diseases and many cancer types.
- It is abundant in magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc and magnesium and have potent anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties.
- Brazil nuts contain high amounts of magnesium, vitamin B, E, and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- The consumption of a handful of Brazil nuts three times a week greatly increases the magnesium levels in the body.
- Cashews are high in antioxidants, which prevent stress and oxidative damage, magnesium, as well as copper, which helps in the production of melanin.
- Spinach is rich in magnesium, potassium, calcium, and zinc, as well as vitamin C, A, K, folates, and numerous other nutrients.
- Its consumption prevents heart diseases.
- It is rich in magnesium and high-quality protein and reduces the risk of stroke.
- This beneficial gluten-free food is high in magnesium, protein, and amino acids which raise the serotonin levels, the hormone of happiness.
- Almonds are rich in magnesium and good fats or known as monounsaturated fats.
- They regulate blood pressure, cholesterol, and prevent heart diseases.
- It is high in magnesium, dietary fiber, and sodium.
- The magnesium of this type supports the function of the brain, improves heart health, and the function of the kidneys.