5 of the Best Weight Loss Foods
One of the biggest parts of losing weight is changing how you eat.. Here are 5 foods that you can eat and are weight loss-friendly :
1. Lean beef and chicken: Some people are put off by meat because of all the ideas that meat has been connected to bad health. The truth is that unprocessed meats can actually be good for you and red meat has no connection to heart disease or diabetes. It’s high in protein, making it an ideal food for weight loss. You can even lose up to 100 calories per day with a high-protein diet! With more protein in your diet you can also cut your cravings by 60 percent and forget worrying about those late-night snack attacks.
2. Fruits and vegetables: Don’t forget your fruits and veggies! No matter what, adding more of these to your diet and cutting out junk food will definitely help you start losing that weight. When looking for ideal vegetables, try to eat leafy greens like kale, spinach, collards and swiss chard. They’re low in calories, carbs and packed with nutrients and fiber to fill you up. You should also look for broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts because they have tons of protein, fiber and cancer-fighting substances in them. When it comes to eating healthy, fruits are easier to eat more of because of all that natural sugary goodness. One fruit you should be sure to add to your diet is grapefruit. It doesn’t have many calories and it can help you feel fuller for longer.
3. Soups: Scientists have studied the difference between eating foods in soup and just eating those same foods without the soup. They proved that eating foods in soup makes people feel more satiated, allowing them to eat less calories. A little hint? It’s because of the water in the soup. Foods that have a low-energy density usually have a lot of water in them (like fruits and vegetables). So by adding water to your meal, like in soup, you bring on the same effects of low-energy density foods. Be careful you’re selecting a broth based soup that’s low in sodium however. Creamy soups won’t do you any favors
4. Avocados: These healthy little green superfoods can help you lose weight too! Add one to your salad next time and it can make your nutrient intake increase immensely.
5. Salmon: This fish can keep you full for hours without that gnawing hungry feeling later on. Plus, it has tons of nutrients and fewer calories than other fish, so you don’t have to worry about jumping on the scale afterwards. Salmon contains good levels of iodine, which is necessary for the proper function of your thyroid, as well as your metabolism. It also has lots of Omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to reduce inflammation and obesity and plays a role in helping with metabolic disease. You can also try other oily fish like trout, mackerel, sardines and herring to get all the same great nutrients.