6 Easy Exercises to Tone and Trim your Inner Thighs
If you suffer from excess fat in your inner thighs, don’t despair. You can tone your inner thighs with specific exercises and dietary changes that will target full body weight loss. Toning your inner thighs will make them stronger and more attractive and will improve your confidence when you go to the beach or wear leggings and skinny jeans.
The inner thigh is not an area you use through everyday activities, so what’s good about the exercises below is that while they focus on the inner thighs, they also use other larger leg muscles which will benefit other parts of your body.
Start your exercise with a few minutes warm-up. You can do these exercises at the comfort of your home 3 to 4 times per week while working on other parts of your body, such as abs, back, butt and legs.
Exercises to Strengthen and Tone Inner Thighs
In this exercise no equipment is necessary and you only use gravity for resistance.
- Lie on a floor or a mat with your face up, while your legs are extended straight over hips. Keep your feet flexed, heels together, and toes turned out.
- Slowly bend your knees out to the sides, and then straighten them back, using your inner-thigh muscles to control the movement.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps, while resting in between each set as needed.
These kicks are good for your core muscles and also strengthen your thigh muscles by moving your legs in multiple directions.
- Lie on your back, while your arms are down by your sides.
- You can do the exercise in 2 directions: (A) Raise your feet about 30 cm off the floor. Controlling your core muscles, scissor your legs up and down for 10 reps. (B) Without resting, now scissor your legs side to side (choose which foot crosses over top at the center and alternate between the legs) for 10 more reps for each leg. This is one set.
- Repeat for 3 sets, trying not to drop your legs in between.